Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The First Three Month Mark

THE THREE MONTH MARK Well as you know the decision I arrived at is to follow Dr. Pollock’s advice to just watch and wait. Last week marked the three month mark since my surgery so I went for a CT scan of my abdomen, pelvis and chest, with iv contrast and oral barium (Berry this time, Apple next time for those of you that have ever had to drink this stuff!) which I will get every 3 months for the next three years. The good new is, no evidence of re-growth in my abdominal and no signs of Cancer anywhere else! Unfortunatly when it rains, it pours. I’m defiantly being tested. My Dad has suffered a catastrophic stroke with a major bleed to his brain on the Left side. It has taken his ability to walk, speak, communicate or swallow. He is resting comfortably at Spa Creek Rehab in Annapolis, about 1 mile from his home. Only time will tell if he will survive, or regain his ability to speak, walk or eat on his own. He does appear to be stronger this week. For those of you who pray, I could sure use it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just finished my third bout with abdominal liposarcomas. Have your doctors talked with you about Intra-Operative Radiation Therapy (IORT)? This time I had preoperative Chemo and radiation followed by surgery to remove the tumor with IORT. My first tumor, found in 1997, was 10.5 pounds.